MDL Desktop Wallet v0.27.1 Release
Development 31 March 2021
We are happy to announce some important updates this week, including new versions of our desktop wallet and key improvements on the UX/UI front. This version of wallet supports Skycoin’s hardware wallet. Also includes all the features of Skycoin’s version 0.27.
The wallet has been updated from 0.26.1 -> 0.27.1, including changes and improvements in step with Skycoin wallet developments. Among the multiple updates are:
- Updated electron from version 2 to version 10, with many security fixes
createRawTransactionV2CLI command, which calls the API of
/wallet/transactionto create the transaction and can create then unsigned transaction. Once the API’s performance issue has been fixed, we will replace the
signTransactionCLI command to sign transaction.
- Do windows electron builds by travis and abandon the appveyor
- Use transaction history when scanning wallet addresses, instead of the current address balance
- Document the daemon’s CLI options
- Add the ability to save transaction notes
- Add CLI
encodeJsonTransactioncommand to retrieve raw transaction given its JSON representation
package bip44, implementing the bip44 spec https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0044.mediawiki
- Codesign daemon and standalone binaries
- Add a guided method for entering the seeds in the GUI
- Add new wallet type
collectionfor wallets that are an arbitrary collection of private keys, rather than generated from a seed
- Add new wallet type
bip44for hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallets obeying the bip44 protocol. The Skycoin bip44
8000. Nice round number. How can we add MDL there as well?
bip44wallets avoid address reuse, generating a new change address for each transaction. Affects APIs are
POST /api/v1/wallet/recover. Refer to the API documentation for API changes.
bip44wallets support bip39 “seed passphrases”. More details are explained in https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/wiki/Wallet-File-Formats-and-Types
cli walletCreatesupport for
- Add the “bulk send” option to the GUI advanced form
cli walletKeyExportcommand to export
prvkey from a
xpubtype wallet, which can generate addresses without exposing private keys
POST /api/v1/injectTransactionto disable broadcast of the transaction. The transaction will only be added to the local pool.
cli distributeGenesiscommand to split the genesis block into distribution addresses when setting up a new fiber coin
- Price loading is displayed correctly now
- #7, #162, corrupted file in ~/.mdl/data/ dir makes the desktop wallet show ERROR #1.
- #87, can not run web gui from MDL docker image.
- #2287 A
charsetspecified, for example
application/json; charset=utf-8, will not return an HTTP 415 error anymore
fiber.tomltransaction verification parameters ignored by newcoin
- #2373 Fix and clean-up further panics with various
mdl-clicommands (lastBlocks, checkdb) which were not correctly handling arguments.
- #2442 Reset the “trusted” flag to false for all peers on load, before registering default hardcoded peers in the peerlist
- #26 Add additional database corruption checks in ResetCorruptDB to detect encoder ErrBufferUnderflow and ErrMaxLenExceeded
typeis now a required parameter for
cli addPrivateKeywill only work on a
collectiontype wallet. Create one with
cli walletCreate -t collection
- Don’t print the wallet in the terminal after
WALLET_NAMEenvvars from the
clitool. Commands which need to operate on a wallet file accept the wallet file on the command line instead.
- Now the modal window for showing QR codes in the GUI allows to request specific amounts of coins, as in mobile wallets. This changes did no include the ability to read QR codes or URLs.
-arbitratingoption from the daemon CLI options
-print-web-interface-addressoption from the daemon CLI options
- cli: CLI utility for communicating with the daemon and various offline operations (https://github.com/MDLlife/MDL/blob/release/0.27.1/cmd/mdl-cli)
- daemon: For running as a daemon on a server
- gui-standalone: For running from the command line as a desktop client that opens in your browser
- gui-electron: For running as a desktop client that opens in its own application
win: Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) win-x64: 64-bit Windows win-x86: 32-bit Windows linux-arm: ARM Linux (e.g. RaspberryPi) linux-x64: 64-bit Linux osx: 64-bit OS X / macOS osx-darwn-x64: 64-bit OS X / macOS
Remember, we also have Android wallet: